When folks are ready to sell their home, of course they are curious about how the process works. It's our goal to make our seller's homes shine so they can take home the greatest profit from their sale and we also want to make it as easy of a process as possible.
Below are the 8 steps we go through with each of our sellers. Going through these steps ensures a beautiful listing and a seamless process. We also pay for all of the marketing costs including cleaning, professional copywriting, staging, photography, and 3D walk through tours for each of our listings. From here, let the showings and negotiations begin!
If you've been considering a sale, don't hesitate to reach out. We know many sellers need to buy a home as well and that has been a concern given recent market conditions. We can help! If you need to buy a home in order to sell your home, reach out and we can help you strategize financing, navigating market conditions, and your move so you can reach your goal of getting from one home to another.
8 Steps to Listing Your Home
1. Information-Gathering Visit: We come by to tour your home, take measurements of the rooms, and gather all the information we need to enter the listing onto the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
2. Latest Comparable Sales Viewings: We set email alerts to notify you and us of any comparable homes as they come on the market in your neighborhood, and we will go check out these homes if they appear to be similar to yours. We want to know what our competition is before you decide on a list price.
3. Keys: We will need an extra copy of the key for the lockbox that buyers’ agents will use to access your house for showings. If you don't have an extra key, make sure to have one made.
4. Copywriting: We will have our real estate copywriter compose the copy for the MLS listing and marketing materials. We’ll request a list from you (5-10 items) of the things you love about your home, neighborhood, layout, yard, and more. This will help the writer tell the story of your home.
5. Staging: Our preferred staging professional will bring in furniture to stage your home, if needed. Her team will take care of the moving, setup, and breakdown. If you are living in your home, she will visit and provide a written report on how you can best prepare your home for showings.
6. Professional Photography and 3D Walk-Through: After your place is packed up, organized, cleaned, and staged, we will have professional photography taken and a 3D tour created.
7. Cleaners: Before we list your home, we will have professional cleaners come through so don't worry too much about cleaning.
8. Paperwork: As we get closer to listing, we will have some paperwork for you to fill out, including the Seller’s Property Disclosure. We will help you complete these items as needed. As you organize your home, make sure to set aside any documents a buyer might need to have including old receipts and warranty information, building plans or old inspection and sewer scope reports. Also, please have HOA contact and fee information ready for us, if applicable. Right before listing is also when we give our final recommendations on pricing and you get to choose your listing price.
Until next time!
Allison Benham and Ken Crifasi with K&A Properties